Are you fully unemployed and need help with your application? On this page, you will find instructions on how to fill in your first earnings-related allowance and follow-up application.
Applying for earnings-related allowance
- Register as a jobseeker at the TE Office
- Do this on your first day of unemployment at the latest. Earnings-related allowance can only be paid for periods during which you are registered as a jobseeker.
- Inform the TE Office of all business activities, including forestry or agriculture, and possible studies. You also need to notify the TE Office if you receive informal care support or family care fees.
- You can register as a jobseeker using the E-Services on TE Office’s website.
- Fill in an application for earnings-related allowance
- You can submit your application via eWertti or regular mail. Applications submitted via eWertti are processed faster than those sent via regular mail.
- If it has been less than six months since you last received allowance, you can use eWertti’s editable follow-up application. In other cases, fill in an earnings-related allowance application.
- Submit your application after two weeks of unemployment at the earliest, the last day of your application being Sunday.
- You have to apply for the allowance within 3 months of the day of which you wish it to be paid.
Fill in your application with care and make sure the application period is sufficiently long. Your application will not be processed any faster if the application period is too short.
- Submit all necessary attachments
The unemployment fund receives salary information via the Incomes Register. We use this information to process applications for earnings-related allowance whenever possible.
If we do not receive all necessary information via the Incomes Register in order to process an application, we will request further attachments from payroll accountants or applicants themselves. An attached pay certificate may speed up the processing of an application and save us the time of waiting for further information. Decisions are made based on information received via the Incomes Register whenever possible. Payslips or pay certificates attached to an application are used only when this information is inadequate
- A copy of your employment contract
- A copy of your employment certificate, stating the reason for the termination of employment
- A copy of your notice of termination
If you claim other benefits or have any business activities, please submit the following attachments
- A copy of the decision on other social benefits, e.g. child home care allowance
- A copy of your latest confirmed tax decision, if you have part-time business activities. Remember to inform the TE Office of such activities.
- Check the status of your application
- Applications are processed in the order in which they arrive
- You can easily check the status of your application in eWertti
- Check the general processing status of applications at the bottom of the page
In case we need further information to process your application, we will try to contact you by telephone (010 190 300). If we do not reach you, we will send you a letter or message via eWertti.
Submitting a follow-up application
After your first application, continue applying for earnings-related allowance in periods of either four calendar weeks (Monday to Sunday) or one calendar month (first to last day of the month).
If you are fully unemployed, you can submit your application via eEmeli Telephone Service or eWertti eService. Use a non-editable follow-up application in case you are fully unemployed. This way, your allowance should in most cases appear on your bank account in a few days, if there have been no changes to your situation.
We do our best to process follow-up applications sent via regular mail and editable follow-up applications sent vie eWertti within one week.